We recently completed a teaching video that apparently many have asked for over the past few years. This is not the complete six-hour Guest Services/First Impressions training that I teach, but it is packed with many of the best practices from that workshop.
WiredChurches is now making this training tool available for other churches. My hope is that these short training videos can be used as stand-alone resources to train your teams or used to supplement your local training program. Here's a brief synopsis of each element:
- Section 1: People Matter (Time: 21:30)
- How do you meet people right where they are?
- How do you prepare before you serve so your serve is genuine?
- How can your own experiences prepare you to communicate authentic value and care for others?
- Section 2: Your Serve Matters (Time: 30:46)
- How do you navigate the tension between the values of experiencing community with teammates and welcoming new guests?
- What if you threw out team labels for the sake of one single focus?
- What rules will kill your serve to new guests?
- How do you create your own best practices?
- Section 3: Team Matters (Time: 35:20)
- What does empowerment really look like?
- What's the trick to recruitment?
- How do you develop community on your team when the task has to be done?
- How do stories impact the power of your team's serve?
Order your downloadable video here.
To hear more from Mark and get more of the inside scoop from Granger's leaders, register and bring your team to ReInnovate Conference 2013 on October 15-16.